The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility for Kids (CalWORKs) is the state's welfare-to-work program for families with children.
The Citrus College CalWORKs Program works in collaboration with the Department of Public Social Services to assist students with education, training, and job skills.
CalWORKs students are provided:
- Academic, career, and personal counseling services
- Short and long term career planning
- Information and clarification about county welfare requirements
- Completion of county paperwork for childcare and ancillary expenses
- Referrals to part-time work-study jobs on campus
- Assistance with job development resources such as resume writing
- Referrals for medical, mental health, and legal aid services
For eligibility information,
visit the Citrus College CalWORKs program online or call the office at (626) 852-8023.