Citrus College Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force is to understand how we, faculty, staff and students, as an institution, can actively influence the social change needed to make an impactful difference in eliminating structural racism while also promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force will focus on developing and implementing a wide array of initiatives and measures designed to lead to an improved college culture of equity, diversity and inclusion.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force will develop a comprehensive plan predicated on college input from virtual forums and an assessment of the following: the college’s policies, plans and curriculum; the campus environment – both inside and outside the classroom; student outcomes data; the college’s recruitment, hiring and promotion practices; support services provided to students; diversity, sensitivity and cultural awareness training provided to faculty, staff and students; and additional needs and strategies identified by the college community.
As a community college leader, I am reminded of the power of education to enlighten, educate and transform individual lives and society. Now, more than ever, the Citrus College community is challenged to uphold the core values of education and of our institution. We are further called upon to role model and educate those students in our charge in an effort to promote social justice and instill the core ideals which we as an institution value.
June 2, 2020: Message to the College Community
July 15, 2020 -
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force Update
June 26, 2020 -
Citrus College Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Update
eMemo from Superintendent/President Geraldine M. Perri, Ph.D.
June 15, 2020 -
Superintendent/President Letter to the College Community: Next Steps
June 15, 2020 -
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force Faculty Co-Lead Reassigned Time and Stipend Opportunity
June 9, 2020 -
Citrus College Conversation and Call to Action: Students
Student Summary Notes (June 12, 2020)
Student Summary Notes (June 24, 2020)
June 5, 2020 -
Citrus College Conversation and Call to Action: Employees
Employee Summary/Notes (June 9, 2020)
Task Force Members
- Dr. Geraldine M. Perri - Superintendent/President
- Dr. Lan Hao - Director of Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness, and Administrative Co-Lead
- Dr. Dana Hester - Dean of Social and Behavioral Sciences and Online Education, and Administrative Co-Lead
- Nickawanna Shaw - Faculty, Kinesiology, and Faculty Co-Lead
- Matt Berkley - Adjunct Faculty, History
- Dr. Cathrine Besancon - Faculty, Art History
- Dr. Malaika Brown - Adjunct Faculty, Psychology
- Dr. Melissa Christian - Research Analyst
- Jorge Cortez - Transportation/Warehouse Coordinator
- Peter Cross - Faculty, Biology
- Ann Everett - Faculty, Esthetician
- Brenda Fink - Human Resources Manager
- La Quirshia Fennell - Adjunct Faculty, Counseling
- Rosario Garcia - Student Life Supervisor
- Patty Glover - Faculty, Cosmetology
- Brandon Goodson-Ulloa - Student
- Shin Jung - Athletic Programs Assistant
- Jennifer Munguia - President, Associated Students of Citrus College
- Gino Munoz - President, Academic Senate and Faculty, Music
- Michelle Ramirez - EOPS/CARE Supervisor
- Austin Riggs - Student Trustee
- Dr. Elisabeth Ritacca - Faculty, History
- Raul Sanchez - Faculty, Counseling
- La'Kisha Simpson - Faculty, Child Development
- Dr. Nicole Smith - Dean of Counseling
- Dr. Maryann Tolano-Leveque - Dean of Students
- Briceyda Torres - Human Resources Technician II
- Laura Villegas - Faculty, Counseling
Citrus College has zero tolerance for discrimination. If you would like to report an incident, please contact Ms. Brenda Fink, manager of Human Resources and Staff Diversity/Title IX coordinator at
Please visit the Discrimination Complaints section of the website for additional information.
- "Between the World and Me" by Ta-Nahesi Coates
- "Black Minds Matter: Realizing the Brilliance, Dignity, and Morality of Black Males in Education" by Dr. J. Luke Wood
- "How to be an Anti-Racist" by Ibram X. Kendi
- "Whistling Vivaldi" by Claude Steele
- "White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism" by Robin DiAngelo
Strategic Plan Focus Area 9: Diversity and Equity - Citrus College will be responsive to serving the evolving needs of a diverse college community.
- Strategy 9.1: Broaden the scope of college outreach, promotion and marketing initiatives to attract a diverse student population.
- Strategy 9.2: Enhance the recruitment and professional development of a diverse workforce.
- Strategy 9.3: Develop and promote a college culture of inclusion and collegiality.
- Strategy 9.4: Increase students' global awareness through curriculum development and student activities.
Please visit the Strategic Planning website to read the complete 2016-2021 Strategic Plan.
2019-2022 Student Equity Plan
Human Resources Equal Employment Opportunity Plan 2019
BP 7100 - Equal Employment Opportunity
AP 7100 - Equal Employment Opportunity
BP 7101 - Non-Discrimination
AP 7101 - Discrimination Complaint Procedure: Employees and Job Applicants
AP 7101.1 - Discrimination Complaint Procedure: Students
BP 7102 - Prohibition of Harassment: Students and Employees
AP 7102 - Prohibition of Harassment: Employees
AP 7102.1 - Prohibition of Harassment: Students
BP 3050 - Institutional Code of Ethics
BP 3900 - Speech: Time, Place and Manner
AP 3900 - Speech: Time, Place and Manner
BP 5300 - Student Equity
AP 5300 - Student Equity
BP 5530 - Student Rights and Grievances
AP 5530 - Student Rights and Grievances
AP 5610 - Voter Registration