Citrus College uses a guided placement method where placement into English and math is based upon self-reported high school GPA and the last math course completed in high school with a "C-" or better. All applicants receive an email with their placement into English and math.
Students who took English and/or math at another college and who plan to take an English or math course can use an unofficial transcripts to clear English and/or math prerequisites by submitting the
Prerequisite Clearance Form online to the admissions and records office or meet in-person with a counselor for proper placement.
Students with questions about their placement should meet with a counselor. Students without high school data on the application receive the following placements, which provide direct access to transfer-level English and math:
- English 101E (5 units) with support
English as a Second Language (ESL)
- International (F-1 visa) students need to contact the
International Student Center (ISC) to see the International Student counselor.
- ESL students who are not international students need to contact the Counseling and Advisement Center to meet with a counselor. ESL students are those students whose primary language at home is other than English and who require additional English language support to develop reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
- MATH 144 Technical Mathematics (5 units)
- MATH 160 Mathematics for Everyday Living - A Liberal Arts Course (5 units)
- MATH 162 Calculus for Business and Social Sciences + MATH 062 Corequisite Support for Calculus for Business and Social Sciences (4 units)
- MATH 165 Introductory Statistics (4 units) + MATH 065 Corequisite Support For Introductory Statistics (2 units)
- MATH 168 Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I (4 units)
- MATH 175 Pre-Calculus (6 units) + MATH 075 Corequisite Support for Pre-Calculus (2 units)