Voter Registration Requirements
- You may register to vote if you meet the following criteria:
- * You are a United States citizen
* You are a resident of California
* You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
* You are not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony
* You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote
Q: I'm already a registered voter. Do I need to register again?
A: You will need to re-register to vote if you move, you change your name, or you choose to change your political party affiliation.
Q: More questions about registering to vote?
A: Please visit the California Secretary of State's Elections and Voter Information web site.
California Voter Registration Links
California Legislator Links
- California State Assembly - official web site of the California State Assembly
- California State Senate - official web site of the California State Senate
- Know Your Legislator - official California Legislative web site, maintained by Legislative Counsel of California, containing current listings of Senator's and Assemblymember's e-mail addresses and web sites