For any questions concerning athletic eligibility, please contact Eligibility Clerk Judith Heinrichs in Admissions Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (626) 914-8597.
To be eligible for intercollegiate athletics, a student must fulfill the following requirements
- Be enrolled in 12 units of work (9 of the 12 must be academic units). You must also be enrolled in your 2-unit varsity sport class.
- Take a physical examination prior to training for or participation in intercollegiate competition. Check with your coach for the date to take your free athletic physical.
- Fill out athletic eligibility forms prior to participating in your varsity sport.
- Meet with Athletic Counselor Alicia Longyear to update your Student Education Plan. Your SEP must be updated each semester, preferably before you register for classes. For an appointment with an athletics counselor, call (626) 914-8650. A copy of your SEP must be turned in to Eligibility Clerk Teri Shamhart.
- Athletes must be prepared to spend a minimum of ten hours per week in the activity for two units of credit.
- Attending the first official team meeting and/or practice will count as the beginning of your Citrus athletic experience and you would not be able to participate at any other college during that semester.
Requirements for New Student-Athletes
- Apply to Citrus College for the semester you wish to attend (spring, summer, fall). Contact the Admissions and Records Office at (626) 914-8511, or visit the Admissions web site.
- Take the Assessment Test and attend the college orientation. This test assesses college readiness. For test dates and times, contact the Counseling Office at (626) 914-8530 or visit the Counseling web site.
- If you have attended another college or university, please have your official academic transcripts sent to the Admissions and Records Office at Citrus College, 1000 W. Foothill Blvd., Glendora, CA 91741.
- Residency Rules - A student-athlete who transfers after participating in any sport at another California community college must successfully complete 12 units in residency at Citrus College prior to competing. Only 8 of the 12 units may be taken during a summer session.
Requirements for Returning Student-Athletes
- To participate in a second season of sports, you will be required to maintain a 2.0 GPA. You will be required to have completed 24 successfully passed units, including 18 successfully passed academic units prior to the beginning of your second season semester.
- Participation in any part of ONE CONTEST will use up a season of participation. At the community college level, a student-athlete may only compete for two seasons in the same sport.
Important Reminders for ALL Student-Athletes
- Your schedule will be checked weekly. Dropping below the 12-unit requirement places you on the ineligible list and you will be unable to participate in your varsity sport. Eligibility Clerk Judith Heinrichs will keep your coach apprised of your eligibility status throughout your sport season.
- If you have not paid all of your registration fees before the automatic roll out date, you will be dropped from your classes, therefore placing you on the ineligible list and you will be unable to participate.