Your awards are subject to the following:
1. You must maintain satisfactory academic progress (see
2. Financial aid disbursement dates are contingent upon the dates listed on your award letter and on the scheduled start date(s) of your classes. Please refer to the 2016-17 Financial Aid Disbursement Dates.
3. You must be attending at least six (6) units to receive Federal Stafford Direct Loan(s), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS) and Cal Grants.
4. First time Federal Stafford Direct Loans borrowers must wait 30 days from the first day of your scheduled start date(s) of classes to receive your first disbursement. If this date does not fall on one of the scheduled disbursement dates, please refer to the Pell Grant scheduled disbursement dates for alternate dates to receive loans.
5. For students participating in the Study Abroad Program (SAB), disbursements dates will vary due to the different enrollment periods. Check with the Financial Aid Office for disbursement information/dates.
6. If you have been awarded a Pell Grant, disbursement is based on the number of units you're attending and the start date of your classes. If you are attending 12 or more units; you will receive your Pell Grant in two disbursements for the semester. There will be no increase in the Pell Grant if you are over 12 units.
a. The award will be reduced to 75% if attending 9.0-11.5 units and depending on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
b. The award will be reduced to 50% if attending 6.0-8.5 units and depending on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
c. If you are attending less than 6 units, you may or may not be eligible to receive a Pell Grant award.
d. Pell Grants are disbursed twice a semester for fall and spring (depending on when your file is processed and the number of units you are in at the time of disbursement). For Pell Grants, winter units are combined with spring units and the Pell Grant is disbursed during the spring semester.
e. If you decrease your attendance after your first disbursement, you may end up owing money back.
f. Depending on your eligibility, if you increase your attendance status, e.g., go from half-time to three-quarter time, you may be eligible for additional funds. Adjustments are mailed on or after the 10th week of the semester.
g. Summer disbursements are contingent upon remaining eligibility and meeting the
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Standards.
h. Please refer to the
2016-17 Financial Aid Terms of Offer for additional financial aid information.
Important Financial Aid Information For Pell Grant Eligible Students:
When a student completes their financial aid file prior to the first disbursement of the semester, their first Pell grant disbursement funds will be sent directly to the Owl Bookshop to allow students to purchase books and supplies. These funds (minus any fees assessed) will be available to you for the purpose of purchasing book and supplies at the Owl Bookshop. Please access your Wingspan account to review your account balance. These funds will be available at the Owl Bookshop from 08/23/16 through 08/29/16. After 08/29/16, the amount you spent at the Owl Bookshop will be deducted along with any other outstanding fees from your financial aid disbursement and a check will be mailed to you for the balance remaining. The check will be mailed to the address indicated on your Wingspan record. It is important that you cash your check as soon as possible. You should review the disbursement dates on the financial aid web page to see the estimated date when you should expect to receive your first refund check. Unlike your first disbursement, all subsequent disbursements will be mailed directly to you. Students whose file was not complete in time for the first disbursement will not receive a disbursement at the Owl Bookshop for the first scheduled disbursement date.
Board of Governors Fee Waiver waives your enrollment fees. You will not receive this in cash.
9. Regarding student loans, if you are attending for one semester only, your disbursement will be split into two separate checks.
10. First time Direct Loan borrowers must wait 30 days from the first day of your scheduled start dates of classes to receive your first disbursement. Please refer to the Pell Grant scheduled disbursement dates for alternate dates to receive loans. Loans are disbursed once each semester. However, if you are attending only one semester of the award year, your Subsidized and Un-subsidized loan(s) will each be divided in half and paid in two disbursements. The second disbursement will be at the midpoint of the semester.
Financial Aid Disbursement Dates and Additional Information
- Your check(s) will be mailed directly to your mailing address. Make sure your mailing address in
Wingspan is correct. Address changes are processed in Admission and Records.
- Allow 1-2 weeks from your disbursement date(s) for your check to arrive.
- All disbursement inquiries must be made in person. Please do
not call our office concerning your checks.
Financial Aid disbursement dates are contingent upon the scheduled start date(s) of your classes and the number of units you are attending. Please refer to the Financial Aid disbursement dates listed below.