Last day to submit the BOGW each year is June 30
2014-15: Deadline is June 30, 2015 (FA 14, WI 15, SP 15, SU 15)
2015-16: Deadline is June 30, 2016 (FA 15, WI 16, SP 16, SU 16)
State law requires that students attending California community colleges pay a fee per unit to enroll in credit classes.
The California Community Colleges are offering the Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW) to pay the enrollment fee for all eligible applicants because the Board of Governors thinks that the enrollment fee should never stand between you and a better future. However, the Board of Governors Waiver does not pay for your books, so you must make arrangements to purchase your own books and supplies.
BOGW is Simple and Fast
The Board of Governors Waiver program is designed for speed and efficiency:
- BOGW is a waiver program and does not require repayment.
- BOGW is not tied to any other financial aid programs, so it can be processed quickly and you will be able to register immediately,
- BOGW applicants will be asked to complete a simple application form, which we made available to you online, at the Financial Aid Office, and the Admissions and Records Office. If you or your family are receiving TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP or General Assistance/General Relief, bring a copy of your most recent 'Notice of Action' letter or a copy of your last check to the Financial Aid Office. If you think you are eligible because you meet the income standards, you may be asked to bring documentation of income.
- BOGW applicants do not have to be enrolled in a specific number of courses. Whether you take one unit or 15 units, BOGW will pay the enrollment fee and will waive a portion of the health fee.
- BOGW pays the enrollment fee and waives a portion of the health fee for the academic year and summer sessions. All other miscellaneous fees must be paid by the student at the time of registration
If you are a California resident, you will qualify for a BOGW if any one the following statements applies to your current status:
- You have already qualified for financial aid, such as a Pell Grant or a Cal Grant.
- You or a family member are receiving TANF/CalWORKs or SSI/SSP (Supplemental Security Income) or General Assistance/General Relief.
- You have certification from the California Department of Veterans Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General that you are eligible for a Dependent's Fee Waiver.
- You meet the low-income standards or other special classifications fee waivers.
Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Application Form
Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Application Form in Spanish
Board of Governors Fee Waiver BOG-B Income Standards
Contact the Financial Aid Office about the BOGW and other financial aid programs that will enable you to pursue education or job training at Citrus College.