Last day to submit the BOGW each year is June 30
2015-16: Deadline is June 30, 2016 (FA 15, WI 16, SP 16, SU 16)
New regulations that go into effect in fall 2016 require that any student with two consecutive terms of not meeting academic and/or progress standards lose their Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW). Foster Youth 24 years and younger and students who qualify for the BOGFW based on one of the special classifications are not subject to loss of the fee waiver under these regulations.
Click here to view the Financial Aid TV "BOG Fee Waiver Academic and Progress Standards" videos. To meet academic standards, students must have at least a 2.0 GPA. To meet progress standards, students must complete more than 50% of their attempted coursework. To review the full details regarding the loss of BOGW eligibility,
click here for the English version of the fall 2016 Fee Waiver Changes. To review the full details regarding the loss of BOG eligibility in Spanish,
click here. View the "Probation, Dismissal and Reinstatement" section in the
Citrus College catalog for full details regarding reinstatement.
Click here to learn more about the ancillary support programs offered at Citrus College.
Students who lose eligibility can regain eligibility by meeting one of the following criteria: meeting academic and progress standards, sitting out for two consecutive primary terms (summer and winter intersessions do not count), or successfully appealing the loss. The appeal process is available for students who have extenuating circumstances. To appeal the loss of BOGW, students must complete the
Petition to Retain Enrollment Priority and BOG Fee Waiver form found on the Admissions and Records web page. Please note that this form is not the same form used to appeal the denial of financial aid due to not meeting satisfactory academic progress (SAP).
State law requires that students attending California community colleges pay a fee per unit to enroll in credit classes.
The California Community Colleges are offering the Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW) to pay the enrollment fee for all eligible applicants because the Board of Governors thinks that the enrollment fee should never stand between you and a better future. However, the Board of Governors Waiver does not pay for your books, so you must make arrangements to purchase your own books and supplies.
BOGW is Simple and Fast
The Board of Governors Waiver program is designed for speed and efficiency:
- BOGW is a waiver program and does not require repayment.
- BOGW is not tied to any other financial aid programs, so it can be processed quickly and you will be able to register immediately,
- BOGW applicants will be asked to complete a simple application form, which we made available to you online, at the Financial Aid Office, and the Admissions and Records Office. If you or your family are receiving TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP or General Assistance/General Relief, bring a copy of your most recent 'Notice of Action' letter or a copy of your last check to the Financial Aid Office. If you think you are eligible because you meet the income standards, you may be asked to bring documentation of income.
- BOGW applicants do not have to be enrolled in a specific number of courses. Whether you take one unit or 15 units, BOGW will pay the enrollment fee and will waive a portion of the health fee.
- BOGW pays the enrollment fee and waives a portion of the health fee for the academic year and summer sessions. All other miscellaneous fees must be paid by the student at the time of registration
If you are a California resident, you will qualify for a BOGW if any one the following statements applies to your current status:
- You have already qualified for financial aid, such as a Pell Grant or a Cal Grant.
- You or a family member are receiving TANF/CalWORKs or SSI/SSP (Supplemental Security Income) or General Assistance/General Relief.
- You have certification from the California Department of Veterans Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General that you are eligible for a Dependent's Fee Waiver.
- You meet the low-income standards or other special classifications fee waivers.
2015/16 Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Application Form
2015/16 Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Application Form in Spanish
2015/16 Board of Governors Fee Waiver BOG-B Income Standards
2016/17 Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Application Form
2016/17 Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Application Form in Spanish
2016/17 Board of Governors Fee Waiver BOG-B Income Standards
Contact the Financial Aid Office about the BOGW and other financial aid programs that will enable you to pursue education or job training at Citrus College.