- Tutors need to be enrolled in 12 units throughout Fall/ Spring semesters and 3 units throughout Winter/Summer semesters and have received a final grade of B or better in the class(es) he or she wishes to tutor, or be currently enrolled in the class and achieving an A.
- An instructor recommendation is required and your grade will need to be verified for each class or subject you will be tutoring. Click here for the Letter of Recommendation for for instructors.
- You must complete an initial training in tutoring methods, and participate in ongoing training.
Benefits of being a tutor:
- Helping students feel good about themselves as learners
- Giving something back to the college and your fellow students
- Reinforcing your own knowledge
- Excellent experience, may be listed on a college or job application
- Tutors are paid by the hour
To pick up an application and recommendation form, or for more information, stop by Tutorial Services in ED 216 or call (626) 914-8570.