The Citrus College Promise is bringing higher education within reach.
Citrus College is launching the Citrus College Promise this fall for incoming first-time students who participated in the Early Decision program. The $1 million Citrus College Promise was designed as a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach by Academic Affairs and Student Services, with the effort from the
Institute for Completion and support funding raised by the Citrus College Foundation.
The Citrus College Promise is the strongest response possible to helping our students succeed – it combines financial assistance with student services and academic support.
To make a gift to support incoming Citrus College Promise students, please contact the Citrus College Foundation today, either by phone at (626) 914-8825 or email
Unique Features of the Citrus College Promise:
- The Citrus College Promise increases college access for first-time Citrus College students, provides student support and promotes college completion.
- Students' enrollment and mandatory fees are covered for fall and spring semesters for the first two years. Covered fees include registration, health services, student representation, the cost of a
Class Pass (transportation) and student services.
- The program will serve a large number of students, up to 750 in the first cohort.
- A textbook loan program will be available to students for a limited number of courses. The college's initial investment in its textbook lending library is $130,000.
- Students receive wrap-around support services provided through the college's I Will Complete College program.
- The program is available to in-district high school students, student's whose high schools are part of the college's Early Decision program, and a limited number of students who live in the college district and attend private school or are homeschooled.
Citrus College is deeply grateful to the following donors who have made the Citrus College Promise possible:
The Estate of Mr. Patrick Cain, Citrus College Faculty
Promise Corporate and Education Partners
Mr. Brian Bowcock and Mrs. Sonya Whatley
Dr. Michael and Mrs. Emily Fay
The Meissenburg Family
Mr. Trennis Wright & PiperJaffray