As a distance education student, you will need the following:
- Computer: minimum of 64 RAM with at least 56K modem (this includes any of the following: dial-up, DSL, cable or T1). See disclaimer below.
- Internet access: a major browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (or higher). Blackboard does NOT support AOL issues. If your ISP provides you with a browser (such as AOL) to access the Internet, you can still use Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser.
- Software: Microsoft Word XP, 2007 or 2010; Windows XP, Vista or 7. Some instructors require additional software for their specific course. Please check the syllabus for individual courses.
- Email address which will allow attachments to be sent and received. Note: spam blockers must be turned off.
- Virus protection software is highly recommended. Some virus protection software (such as Norton AntiVirus, McAfee Virus Scan) have a feature that protects against spam. If the spam blocking feature is turned on, you will need to add your instructor(s) email address into your address book as well as Blackboard and Citrus College. For assistance, contact the distance education office.
Disclaimer: Although every effort is made to assist you using Blackboard and other programs, Distance Education staff cannot help you with issues concerning your personal computer/printer hardware or software.
What is Distance Education?
Who Should Take an Online Course?
How Can I Succeed as an Online Student?
Blackboard Learning System