In compliance with the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990 and to ensure a safe, secure environment, the college has adopted the following procedures:
- Students and staff should report all criminal acts or other emergencies occurring on campus to the Security Office, which is located in the Campus Center. Incidents may be reported by phone at (626) 914-8611 or in person. The Campus Safety Office will write an incident report and if necessary, distribute it to the proper agencies, including, but not limited to, local fire and police departments. The administrator-on-duty will be informed of the incident as well as other appropriate administrators.
- Only employees are authorized to have keys to buildings; no students are to have access to campus facilities without employee supervision. Alarm systems and outdoor lighting are integral parts of the campus security system. Facility security problems should be reported to the Facilities Department.
- The Citrus College Campus Safety Office has the authority to enforce the campus Student Code of Conduct, and, according to the Education Code, is the liaison with local police departments in all cases of criminal actions. Any action which is a violation of the criminal code of the State of California must be reported to the local police. The campus emergency procedures publication states that students and staff should make a prompt and accurate report to the campus Security Office in the event of an emergency. It is the responsibility of the Security Office to make contact with police agencies.
- Campus programs which inform students and employees about being responsible for their own security and the security of others include:
- emergency procedures publication distributed widely on campus.
- regular notices in the campus bulletin, which is distributed weekly to all staff members.
- articles in the student newspaper on security-related issues.
- programs presented by the associated students.
- a self-defense course.
- staff development programs.
The Student Code of Conduct and the State Penal Code prohibit the possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs on campus, except as specified in the Education Code.