We choose discussion over lecturing! We prefer practice instead of theory!
The Citrus College Honors Program is designed to enhance the educational opportunities of those students who desire to go beyond the boundaries of the regular classes offered at Citrus College. The program provides an opportunity for highly motivated students to participate in an enriched academic environment that promotes close interaction with outstanding faculty and other honors students.
- To promote scholastic excellence through hands on educational opportunities, high levels of student-instructor interaction, student led discussions and opportunities for original research.
- To promote student transfer opportunities and success, as well as scholarship and grant opportunities, through participation in the Transfer Alliance Program and active membership in the Honors Transfer Council of California.
- To foster student care and commitment to civic responsibility, as well as real-world experience and application of their studies, through service learning.
- To encourage student leadership skills.
- To foster experimental pedagogies for faculty.
Honors courses are designed to meet transfer requirements for any California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) campus, as well as many private institutions. Successful completion of the program, along with meeting all major transfer requirements, can result in priority consideration for admission, along with other benefits, at specific four-year institutions.